Hello Beauties! 🙂
I’m on to my next post which is strictly about BLONDES! People always ask me about my hair & how I get it to be so blonde. Whenever I let people know that I have NEVER dyed or highlighted my hair they are in complete shock. Ever since I was younger I would always ask my mom to go with me to the hair salon so I could get my hair lighter but her answer was always NO! I was always told by mom & hairdressers not to mess with my hair because I have natural highlights from the sun. Now that I think back to that I am SO HAPPY that I listened to them.
I get many compliments about the color and texture of my hair which usually gets followed by questions regarding what products I use. So this is a perfect time to share with all of you what I think works best. Whether you were born with blonde hair or you’ve decided to get it done at the salon, blonde locks require a certain routine to maintain them.
Let’s start off with shampoo’s & conditioners:
- In my opinion, John Frieda has very good products for various types of blondes. Whether it has to do with lightening, renewing your color, strengthening the hair for triple breakage protection, or preserving the color (mostly for color treated blondes)- they all work wonders.
- AVEDA also has a great shampoo and conditioner to enhance the blonde color.
- Klorane has a Camomile shampoo and conditioner for blonde highlights.
- For the platinum blondes, Paul Mitchell has a shampoo for you.
- The RedKen used to have the Blonde Glam shampoo but they discontinued it unfortunately. The new product is Blonde Idol Sulfate-Free shampoo. It’s a daily cleansing shampoo for all types of blondes.
Besides the shampoos & conditioners you can also use John Frieda’s Go Blonder Lightening Spray. I use this product mostly during the winter when I’m not able to be in the sun and get my natural highlights. I use it just at the roots to get rid of the darker blonde color. You just spray the product and use a blow dryer, it’s very simple & you see instant results. Obviously if you want your hair very light you’ll have to use it 3-4 times. Also during the summer it’s perfect for when you are at the beach. You can just spray your hair and lay out in the sun catching a tan. The results will be amazing, I guarantee it. There is also a cheaper version which works well – Sun In Lightening Spray which can be found in any convenience store/pharmacy like CVS, Rite Aid, Wallgreens, etc. If you are the type of person that doesn’t like to use sprays and rather try a more natural route then you can always use lemon juice. It works the same way.
Lastly, another great product is It’s a 10 Miracle Leave In for Blondes. It meets the needs of natural & color treated blondes. It tones your hair color, adds shine, reduces fading & extends the vibrancy, detangles & defrizzes & is also a UV protectant.
I truly hope this will help my fellow blonde bombshells, especially since it’s the summer & you all want to show off your beautiful blonde locks! And remember everything I’ve posted is my personal opinion. Make sure to leave me comments & let me know what you think! I’ll love to hear your feedback! 🙂 Have a wonderful day!